In response to the recent announcements regarding Youth Service provision across the County, Spark will be holding a series of Voluntary Sector Forums aimed specifically at Youth Organisations.
It’s a great opportunity to meet the Spark team and find out about the support they offer. Local funders will also be attending, and there will be plenty of time to network with other organisations operating in your area.
Dates, times and a locations are:
Monday 12th November, 7pm to 9pm, Victoria Park Community Centre
Tuesday 20th November, 7pm to 9pm, The Art Bank, Shepton Mallet
Tuesday 27th November, 7pm to 9pm, William Blake Memorial Hall, South Petherton
Find out more and register here.
At their upcoming Multi Agency Practice Information Groups, the Somerset Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) will be sharing the learning from their most recent Serious Case Review on the impact of long-term neglect and sexual abuse.
It was highlighted within the review that voluntary services can play a significant role in identifying neglect within families from the early help stages, so the SSCB are keen to share the findings and other learning opportunities with the VCSE sector.
Neglect is the most common reason for children to be made subject of child protection plans and is the most common factor feature of serious case reviews. An effective response requires confident interagency working, good assessment skills and targeted interventions.
The sessions will also consider local findings in the context of national reviews and consider the challenges and examples of good practice.
Dates, times and locations of the sessions are:
Monday 26th November
10am – 12pm, Wyvern Club, Taunton
2pm – 4pm, Victoria Park Community Centre, Bridgwater
Tuesday 27th November
10am – 12pm Glastonbury Town Hall, Glastonbury
2pm – 4pm Yeovil Rugby Club, Yeovil
Please contact LSCB@somerset.gov.uk for further details and to register.
Fit For My Future is holding a series of drop in events, to engage with the local community and gather views on health and care services in Somerset.
Anybody who would like to share their experience of local health and care services, and find out more about the Fit For My Future Programme is welcome to attend.
Dates, times and locations are:
- Berrow Village Hall, Burnham-on-Sea, Monday 15th October, 3pm – 6.30pm
- Great Bow Wharf, Langport, Wednesday 17th October, 10am- 2pm
- Basalm Centre, Wincanton, Tuesday 23rd October, 10am- 2pm
- Axbridge Town Hall, Axbridge, Thursday 25th October, 10am- 2pm
- Hub Nub, Frome, Monday 29th of October, 10am- 2pm
- The Arts Centre, Wellington, Tuesday 30th October , 12.30pm -4.30pm
- Ilminster Town Hall, Ilminster, Wednesday 31st October, 3.30pm – 7pm
- Victoria Park Community Centre, Bridgwater, Tuesday 6th November, 10am- 2pm
- HenHayes, Crewkerne, Wednesday 7th November, 4pm – 7pm
- The Guildhall, Chard, Monday 12th November, 12.00pm – 4pm
- Abermarle Centre, Taunton, Wednesday 14th November, 10am- 2pm
- Shape Mendip, Shepton Mallet, Thursday 15th November, 10am- 2pm
- Brushford Parish Hall, Dulverton, Tuesday 20th November, 3.30pm – 7.00pm
- Glastonbury Town Hall, Glastonbury, Wednesday 21st November, 10am- 2pm
- The Hub, Minehead, Monday 26th November, 1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Abbey Manor Community Centre, Yeovil, Tuesday 27th November, 1.30pm – 5.30pm
If you can’t make one of these events, visit www.fitformyfuture.org.uk to find out about the ways you can get involved.