Connecting you… A new way to plug-in to Somerset’s growing Community Connect movement is now available!
The Somerset Community Connect website is full of information and advice that can help you and the individuals you work with, to make local links that will help make life better. Whether you’re supporting someone who is looking for groups and activities or community transport; struggling with loneliness, financial issues or arthritis; the site provides information that could make all the difference.
It’s a new way to be part of Community Connect, which is all about promoting independence and improving people’s lives by working with our communities – harnessing the skills and expertise of a huge range of organisations and volunteers.
A ‘What’s relevant to me?’ search feature helps individuals to find what they are after, whether it’s for themselves or someone they might know.
Some of the key things you’ll find on the site include:
- A directory of Micro-Providers – the growing network of small-scale, often single-person, care providers who can help with care at home.
- A list of drop-in events being run by a huge range of community and voluntary organisations in your local area
- A directory of registered home care and care home providers
- Information about support for carers
- Help to access equipment through the county’s two Independence and Advice Centres
The team behind the site are keen to further enhance what is available and continuously improve the quality of information they are providing to our communities. Therefore if you have any feedback and ideas for development, please get in touch!