Somerset VCSE Strategic Forum Guidance for Presenters
Thank you for agreeing to attend the Somerset VCSE Strategic Forum to deliver a presentation. The following notes are designed to help you make the most of this opportunity to communicate with your VCSE colleagues.
The Forum is an opportunity to debate issues of common concern and interest, share key strategies and develop cross-sector understanding, collaboration and co-production.
9.30am – 10.00am Refreshments/Informal Networking
10.00am – 12.00pm Forum
12.00pm – 12.30pm Networking
The Forum lasts for two and a half hours with half the time allocated to presentations and updates, and half to discussion, questions and round-table debate. Time is therefore quite limited and we are keen for presentations to be as focused as possible so that useful debate is stimulated and presenters feel their contribution has been heard and understood.
- Powerpoint presentations should be emailed to Chris Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org and Alison Baker, VCSE Strategic Coordinator email@example.com one week before the Forum.
- Presentations should be no more than five slides long
- Think carefully about what your audience of largely voluntary, community & social enterprise organisations is going to get out of the presentation. What does this VCSE audience need and want to know?
- Keep it simple. Concentrate on your core message. What are the three key messages for the audience to take away?
- Are there particular issues or questions you would like the Forum to debate during the round table discussions? If so please detail these at the end of the presentation.
All papers and presentations will be posted on the Strategic Forum website a few days after the Forum so it is possible for you to produce a paper to accompany the presentation that delegates can read after the Forum.