Community Council for Somerset have recently announced new dates for their programme of training aimed at anybody involved in community buildings.
The full day training events will offer several courses throughout the day on a range of useful topics, including:
- Trustees roles and responsibilities
- Funding opportunities and how to write a successful application
- Meetings and AGMs – how to run them successfully and efficiently
- Safeguarding and what Trustees need to know and do
- Working with Parish Councils
- Marketing and Publicity – how to make a difference
The sessions are taking place across the county, you can find dates, details and booking information here.
The Somerset Fund is administered by Somerset Community Foundation (SCF), and was created to offer a simpler and more effective way for businesses to give locally.
The first round of grants is now open, and small groups that run on less than £50,000 per year are invited to apply.
Unrestricted Funding is available to support a wide range of groups from across Somerset. SCF is particularly interested in:
- Giving the best start in life to the most disadvantaged children
- Growing the life skills of young people
- Improving the mental health of people of all ages
- Increasing opportunities for better physical health
- Supporting people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses, and their carers
- Combatting loneliness and isolation
The application deadline is Friday 22nd February 2019. You can find out more here.