Somerset Community Foundation is looking to appoint a self-employed Associate in the role as Coordinator for the Somerset VCSE Strategic Coordination programme.
The role is central to improving communication and coordination between the local VCSE sector and the public sector at a county-wide level, as well as generally helping the VCSE sector to develop and make the most of opportunities as they arise.
This varied role brings the Coordinator into contact with a wide spectrum of people and organisations. The successful candidate will be well-organised and self-motivated, a good and diplomatic communicator, and able to act as an independent convenor and connector.
The contract is for an average 11 hours a week, though some flexibility will be required.
The programme is supported by funding from Somerset County Council and the Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group. Community Council for Somerset, Engage and Spark are key VCSE partners.
Tenders for this role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Thursday 13 December,
Further details can be found here.
Fit For My Future is holding a series of drop in events, to engage with the local community and gather views on health and care services in Somerset.
Anybody who would like to share their experience of local health and care services, and find out more about the Fit For My Future Programme is welcome to attend.
Dates, times and locations are:
- Berrow Village Hall, Burnham-on-Sea, Monday 15th October, 3pm – 6.30pm
- Great Bow Wharf, Langport, Wednesday 17th October, 10am- 2pm
- Basalm Centre, Wincanton, Tuesday 23rd October, 10am- 2pm
- Axbridge Town Hall, Axbridge, Thursday 25th October, 10am- 2pm
- Hub Nub, Frome, Monday 29th of October, 10am- 2pm
- The Arts Centre, Wellington, Tuesday 30th October , 12.30pm -4.30pm
- Ilminster Town Hall, Ilminster, Wednesday 31st October, 3.30pm – 7pm
- Victoria Park Community Centre, Bridgwater, Tuesday 6th November, 10am- 2pm
- HenHayes, Crewkerne, Wednesday 7th November, 4pm – 7pm
- The Guildhall, Chard, Monday 12th November, 12.00pm – 4pm
- Abermarle Centre, Taunton, Wednesday 14th November, 10am- 2pm
- Shape Mendip, Shepton Mallet, Thursday 15th November, 10am- 2pm
- Brushford Parish Hall, Dulverton, Tuesday 20th November, 3.30pm – 7.00pm
- Glastonbury Town Hall, Glastonbury, Wednesday 21st November, 10am- 2pm
- The Hub, Minehead, Monday 26th November, 1.30pm – 5.30pm
- Abbey Manor Community Centre, Yeovil, Tuesday 27th November, 1.30pm – 5.30pm
If you can’t make one of these events, visit www.fitformyfuture.org.uk to find out about the ways you can get involved.