The Somerset VCSE Leaders’ Conference returns this summer, and will once again provide a great opportunity for Chief Executives, Senior Managers, trustees and leaders of local VCSE sector organisations to meet, network, debate, and hear from a range of local and national sector leaders on a variety of key issues.
The conference is open to leaders of all voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in Somerset, and as the number of brilliant organisations and community groups in our county continues to grow, it’s a great opportunity to share learning, and celebrate the work we do.
The conference will be held on Friday 21st June 2019 at Monks Yard – save the date, more details coming soon.
The Somerset Fund is administered by Somerset Community Foundation (SCF), and was created to offer a simpler and more effective way for businesses to give locally.
The first round of grants is now open, and small groups that run on less than £50,000 per year are invited to apply.
Unrestricted Funding is available to support a wide range of groups from across Somerset. SCF is particularly interested in:
- Giving the best start in life to the most disadvantaged children
- Growing the life skills of young people
- Improving the mental health of people of all ages
- Increasing opportunities for better physical health
- Supporting people with disabilities and life-limiting illnesses, and their carers
- Combatting loneliness and isolation
The application deadline is Friday 22nd February 2019. You can find out more here.